About the Program:
Social Connections Group is a 15-session group therapy program designed to help children (ages 7-9) with social communication and social skills difficulties. During group sessions, children practice a number of foundational social competencies to strengthen social perspective taking, self-awareness, executive functioning, social problem solving and so much more. The social skills/strategies learned in clinic are then practiced in a natural setting outside of the clinic – flag football!!!
🏈 The program is for children aged 7-9 and designed for both neurotypically developing children as well as those with social learning differences and/or challenges.
🏈 For those who generally may feel apprehensive in a group setting and may experience difficulties self-advocating, sharing or playing games cooperatively, losing fairly, or with taking another’s perspective.
🏈 Children that possess effective language skills. To ensure they can learn and understand the concepts taught, can follow along with the group, and engage with others.
🏈 It is important to us that we establish a safe group environment that leads to success for every participant. To ensure this, children must possess the ability to participate successfully in a 1:4 adult-to-child ratio as we are not able to offer one-on-one support in this program.
- Learn how to collaborate with others and be part of a team
- Learn how to problem solve with others
- Practice turn-taking, sharing and working together
- Engage with others
- Emotional regulation
- Self advocacy
When & Where?
In-clinic Sessions (8 in total): Football sessions (7 in total):
Wednesdays, 5:45pm-6:45pm Saturdays, 8:30am-9:20am
6210 Dewdney Avenue University of Regina (Soccer Fields)
- Group will require a minimum of 6 participants. The group will be capped at 8 participants.
- Program Cost: $1275. Session cost: $85/session (includes registration fees with Regina Youth Flag Football League).
- Receipts will be provided for treatment sessions so you can claim through your health insurance under private speech therapy coverage. Plans do vary so check with your insurance provider to determine your coverage.
- Receipts will NOT be issued until each session is completed (we will not provide service receipts in advance to service provision).
- Missed sessions during the program are not eligible for reduced fees or refunds. Receipt will be issued as a cancelled session.
- The Speech-Language Pathologist running the program is listed as a service provider on the Saskatchewan Registry of Autism Service Providers.
- Cancellations made within one month of the program’s start date WILL NOT be refunded.
How to Register:
If you are interested, please register your child by clicking the link below. Please note this will bring you to our online booking system that indicates “Pre Register Now”; however, this does not mean your child will not secure a spot in the program as spaces will be available to those first placed on this list (first registered, first booked basis) – so please add your name to this list! Those whom secure a space in the program will be contacted.
Next program offering: April 2024. Registration now Open!
Working In Collaboration With!
Did you know!?
Speech and Language Builders is an approved service provider for Blue Cross, Great-West Life, Green Shield, RBC, SSQ, and NIHB (Health Canada). We provide a receipt for all our services with a Saskatchewan registration number to qualify for insurance reimbursement. Many insurance providers offer coverage for private speech and language therapy. Inquire with your insurance provider to determine your coverage.